A key component of any organization’s marketing strategy is to effectively position its programs in search engines. Optimizing your website is great, but you are missing out if you don’t optimize your listings in online directories like TeenLife.com. You want to rise to the top in ANY medium someone chooses to use. TeenLife’s traffic has doubled in the last six months and is on track to double again in the next six months. Follow these 7 steps to optimizing your Premium TeenLife listings for better search engine results.
- Step 1: Fill out every field as completely as possible - The more fields are filled in the more likely you are to come up when search filters are applied. You can’t be found by someone looking for a program for a 10th grader if you haven’t filled in the eligible grades of your program. If your program is held at a school or college, it helps to put that school or college name in the program name, e.g. University of California Summer Engineering Program. Also, make sure to add the contact name and email address of a real person, so that students see that their inquiry is going to a live email inbox rather than a generic account like “email@example.com.”
- Step 2: Add Premium Listings for each of your programs rather than describing all of your programs in one listing. More listings will translate to more leads because a visitor has more chances to see your listing in a search result. Once they land on one of your listing pages, they will see links to all of your other programs.
- Step 3: Utilize lots of pictures - Google is very focused on using quality pictures as a method of drawing searchers. Including photographs in your profile with keyword-optimized filenames can add to your search ranking power.
- Step 4: Utilize a well-defined description - Use “More Information” to fully describe what your program is all about and what makes it unique from all the others. Use words that someone is likely to use when searching for what it is you offer. Then ask the user to do something with a call-to-action using bold, clear language such as, “See our video.” You want to pique people's interest and make them believe that taking the specified action will offer them a direct benefit.
- Step 5: Link to a relevant page on your website - An optimized page doesn't just provide unique content, but unique value. What's the difference? Search engines like to filter out what they view as duplicative content or things that are exactly the same. Try to connect visitors to one of your pages that provides something so different and functional that it rises above everything else in its field. For instance, instead of your home page, link to the program’s page if you have multiple programs or listings.
- Step 6: Utilize testimonials and drive reviews - In addition to being generally good for brand reputation, online reviews can help boost your performance within search engine results. Don’t be afraid to ask past participants to post a review to your premium listing. Also, be sure to upload any testimonials that former participants provide to further boost your organization’s credibility.
- Step 7: Upload videos - People love video content, which means search engines love it too. A study has found that a webpage with a video is 50 times more likely to show up on the first page of a Google search than one without. Video gives you a huge advantage over the competition.
Keeping search engine optimization in mind for your website AS WELL AS for your listings on TeenLife.com can help you maximize your return on investment leads. Implementing these guidelines will ensure that you're well on your way to generating more leads.