- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Australia, China, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Peru, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, Tanzania, Dominican Republic, South Korea
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Academic Year
- Start Month: September
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Dorm, Homestay, Hotel, Other, Student Apartment
- Application Fee: $125
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Payment Terms
- Minimum Cost: > $20,000
Experience the world and discover your passions with EF Gap Year. Visit 10+ countries, improve your language skills, make an impact, and intern abroad. Build real-world skills, make lifelong memories, and return home a better you. For ages 18-22.
Design your dream gap year by choosing which countries you immerse yourself in for each module. Choose from 21 destinations in Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa, & Oceania.
Every EF Gap Year begins with a two week cultural immersion in Europe. Students then embark on their own personalized gap experiences, heading to their country of choice for their language course, service learning, and internship modules. Later, regroup for an in-depth tour of Australia & New Zealand. EF Leadership Academy and a gala at an English castle wrap up the program.
With the opportunity to earn college credit and place out of language classes in college, students return home with major advantages as they start or return to college. EF Gap Year is part of EF Education First. With more than 52,000 staff members and 600 offices and schools around the world, EF Gap Year offers unparalleled international support 24/7.
Cost and Session Information
The 25-week EF Gap Year costs $38,500. This price is all-encompassing and includes flights, transportation, all accomodations, many meals, activities and excursions, mentorship, and global support. You can then personalize your program to meet your learning goals and interests by deciding where, when, and how you wish to study.