- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Business/Entrepreneurship
- Sub-Categories: Baseball, Leadership, Sports Management
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Career Clusters: Business Management and Administration
- Credit Awarded: Yes
Learn about Summer 2022 Pre-College opportunities at UMass Amherst. Our residential and online pre-college programs are designed to give you a preview of the UMass student experience, including college-level academics and being part of a learning community of high school students from all across the U.S. and the world. Our programs feature faculty-led courses, state-of-the-art facilities, and the #1 campus dining in the U.S., as ranked by the Princeton Review.
Hosted by the #1 ranked Sport Management department on the globe, the McCormack Department's Sport Management & Leadership Academy provides a platform for talented high school students to learn practical sport business applications and industry insights from our world renowned faculty and industry-leading alumni.
- Data Analytics in Sports Performance
- Sports Marketing & Fandom
- Sport, Digital Media & Content Management
- Sport Economics & Market Forces
- Brand Sponsorship in Sport
- Leading the Pack: Profiles in Sport Leadership
- “Show Me The Money!”: Representing Professional Athletes
- Sport Entrepreneurship & Running Your Own Business
- Sport Policy & Decision Making
Students who attend this program will:
- Gain a macro-level understanding of the sport management industry and key stakeholders
- Conceptualize and analyze the unique consumer behavior factors surrounding sports as a product
- Conceptualize and analyze the unique market/business dynamics surrounding sports as a business
- Gain valuable access to UMass/McCormack’s unrivaled sport management alumni database and faculty
- Complete a professional presentation on one area of interest from the 2-week program, for use in applications and career development
The McCormack Department is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment in the classroom, and the sports industry. Young women and students of color who cannot meet the financial obligations of the Sport Management & Leadership Academy are encouraged to apply for a scholarship. Please see Tuition & Fees to learn how to apply.
Students may attend this course either in person or online.
In Person Schedule: M - F, 9am - 4pm. This course is offered at the UMass Amherst campus as a residential program. Local students may apply to attend as a commuter.
Online Schedule: Live, synchronous sessions will meet M - F 1:00 - 3:00pm (EST). Plus additional asynchronous work as assigned.